Rabu, 08 Agustus 2012

Good for Raspberry Pi and good reception!

Why You Ned to Buy Edimax Wireless Nano USB Adapter

Edimax Wireless Nano USB Adapter

This review is for people using Linux. I installed this in an old xp comp that i dual boot with vectorlinux 7.0. The cd wouldn't open in linux. I managed to get it to open in XP but I ended up downloading the new driver from realtek (RTL8192CU driver). Vector automatically loads an older version named "rtl8192cu". You have to remove this and blacklist it in the file blacklist.conf so it doesn't get reloaded at boot. Then open the zip file and extract the source folder for the driver. Compile the driver. Here's the first place where i got stuck. "ERROR No rule to make target `modules'. Stop" In order to make the driver you need to have your "kernel sources" installed on your system or you will get this error. So install the package from the repository if you dont have it. Also, Create a symbolic link to point to the right directory if the make file is looking somewhere else than where the kernel source is.So finally installed. Second place got stuck was because i have an Access Point extender router. Basically a daisy chained second router to extend the range the first. The problem was the driver saw both access points and i believe it was trying to connect to both at the same time even though they have different channels. The error said either bad password or no ip assigned. Workaround this by setting the password for only one of the access points (closest one) in the network settings manager. There you have it. I hope this saves someone a lot of time. I did a lot of research on message boards and reference books and such to figure all this out but 100% connectivity through a brickwall is freaking awesome and well worth it. Also i learned a great deal about linux through this which I'm quite alright with.

Get your Edimax Wireless Nano USB Adapter Now!

2 komentar:

  1. I'm building a high end gaming computer and I don't want to spend the money on a wireless card, so i'm planning on just using an Edimax EW-7811Un 150 Mbps Wireless 11n Nano Size USB Adapter that was originally used for the Pi. Is it possible to share the connection with the Pi via Ethernet cable?

    BalasHapus
  2. I am trying to install wireless adapter (Edimax, wireles 802.11b/g/n nano USB adapter) onto my pc. When I try to run the wizard, I get this msge: ' This application has failed because RtlLib.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.' Can anyone tell me how to do this, please? I haven't a clue. Thanks.

    BalasHapus