Senin, 09 Juli 2012

Great Upgrade from my Wireless G Router

Great Deals Of TP LINK TL WDR3500 Wireless Router 300Mbps

TP LINK TL WDR3500 Wireless Router 300Mbps

I've had this running 16 hours a day for a week with no problems. The signal in the dual 2.4/5GHz mode is ample for my small two-story house. The performance is no different than with the wired connection. There's no interference with other devices (antenna for broadcast TV, wireless headphones). The unit runs barely warm. Looks sleek. Well priced for its performance.

Set-up notes

The printed instructions don't include assembly, but it's self-explanatory from the photo of the assembled unit--just screw on the two antennas (no screws required).

To configure the router, which you have to do before you use it, you need two ethernet cables, one of which is included. You probably have another connecting your modem to your computer or previous router.

If the computer that was used to set up your modem is still handy, use it to configure the router. (If you don't have that computer anymore, just go ahead, you probably won't have any trouble. If you do have trouble with the MAC address [MAC has nothing to do with Apple in this case], you may have to get help from your internet service provider.)

If you don't have a player for the included mini-CD or don't run Windows, you have to configure the router online. The printed instructions for that worked fine for me (using an old Mac PowerBook with OS 10.3.9), with a couple hiccups:

-- Step 3 says to select Auto-Detect on the online menu, but that didn't take me to the correct next page. Instead I had to select Dynamic IP and continue to step 4. If selecting Auto-Detect doesn't work for you, just back up to the page where you selected it, select Dynamic IP instead, and continue.

-- At the end of the process, the website asked for the website username and password again (not to be confused with the network name and password), but you don't need to enter them; the set-up is done at that point and you can leave the website.

If you create a new network password during the configuration process and forget it, you can press the reset button and configure the router again to create another password.

The whole set-up process takes only a few minutes.

Get your TP LINK TL WDR3500 Wireless Router 300Mbps Now!

7 komentar:

  1. Unfamiliar with the brand TP-Link, I had no prior opinion on the brand or its ability to make a quality electronic item. After using this router, I would definitely give TP-Link another shot if it met my needs down the road. This router performs perfectly for me and provides ample range for my two bedroom apartment. The signal strength is solid and the setup was extremely easy. I will caution you that the router comes with a mini installation cd that will install correctly on laptops but not so for most desktops with slide-out trays. If you're trying to install it on a desktop, you'll have to download the software from the manufacturer's website. Overall, a solid router that has performed admirably for me so far.

    BalasHapus
  2. I decided to give this a try and see if it would perform better than my recently purchased (maybe a year ago) Medialink. Boy, am I glad I did.

    First off, installation was a breeze even without using the mini disc. In under 5 minutes, all of our devices (laptops, AIO, phones, tablets and even the Xbox) had no problems at all connecting. Something my Medialink was having issues with. In particular the Xbox. I had purchased a repeater to help the signal from the Medialink hit the whole house and the Xbox. Once I installed this beauty, the Xbox found both signals (different SSID's for the different bands) and on the 5Ghz frequency, even showing only 1 bar, the Xbox flawlessly connects. The standard 2.4GHZ is 3 bars. The medialink in the exact same position could not be found by the Xbox.

    So far, the only device that can "see" the 5 Ghz band is my new Gateway AIO PC that is upstairs and the router is downstairs. Surfing is smooth and seamless. I streamed from this device to the AppleTV over the 5 Ghz band and had no issues at all.

    Very happy that the Xbox connects and I can get rid of the repeater in my house.

    BalasHapus
  3. I've had this running 16 hours a day for a week with no problems. The signal in the dual 2.4/5GHz mode is ample for my small two-story house. The performance is no different than with the wired connection. There's no interference with other devices (antenna for broadcast TV, wireless headphones). The unit runs barely warm. Looks sleek. Well priced for its performance.

    Set-up notes

    The printed instructions don't include assembly, but it's self-explanatory from the photo of the assembled unit--just screw on the two antennas (no screws required).

    To configure the router, which you have to do before you use it, you need two ethernet cables, one of which is included. You probably have another connecting your modem to your computer or previous router.

    If the computer that was used to set up your modem is still handy, use it to configure the router. (If you don't have that computer anymore, just go ahead, you probably won't have any trouble. If you do have trouble with the MAC address [MAC has nothing to do with Apple in this case], you may have to get help from your internet service provider.)

    If you don't have a player for the included mini-CD or don't run Windows, you have to configure the router online. The printed instructions for that worked fine for me (using an old Mac PowerBook with OS 10.3.9), with a couple hiccups:

    -- Step 3 says to select Auto-Detect on the online menu, but that didn't take me to the correct next page. Instead I had to select Dynamic IP and continue to step 4. If selecting Auto-Detect doesn't work for you, just back up to the page where you selected it, select Dynamic IP instead, and continue.

    -- At the end of the process, the website asked for the website username and password again (not to be confused with the network name and password), but you don't need to enter them; the set-up is done at that point and you can leave the website.

    If you create a new network password during the configuration process and forget it, you can press the reset button and configure the router again to create another password.

    The whole set-up process takes only a few minutes.

    BalasHapus
  4. What a refreshing change from my old, extremely user unfriendly Linksys router. This router is insanely easy to set up. Ten minutes after unboxing I had all my devices (both wired and wireless) back online. I know my way around computers fairly well but there's still a ton I don't know and routers have always overwhelmed me. I didn't feel overwhelmed in the least while setting this router up.

    I love that this router has a manual on/off switch which allows me to reset it if necessary without having to disconnect the power cord. The usb port and and wireless on/off switch are great features as well. I'm able to connect to both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz signals with full strength.

    This router delivers a consistent connection both wired and wirelessly. The display provides quite a show of large blinking lights which I thought I'd find obnoxious sitting below my tv but honestly I really don't notice them.

    There's really nothing negative I can say about this product. It more than meets my expectations performance-wise and I was totally blown away by the ease of setup. Great product!

    BalasHapus
  5. This is a great router and easy super easy to setup. The thing that is great about this router for new /not tech savvy people is the step by step setup. It even explains a lot of the features so you can know what the functions actually do.

    Distance of this router is something amazing it reaches 600+ feet to my brothers shop. This thing is awesome. worth $80-$100 IMO.

    BalasHapus
  6. After 5 years of quality service, my old wireless G router finally decided to call it quit. After reading many blogs and online reviews, I decided to give TP-LINK TL-WDR3500 a try. The main reasons I decided on this router is because of the USB printer server and or USB storage server feature which is essential for the tasks I do at home. After setting up the router (about 20 minutes), I must say this router is AWESOME!! Not only the features work as it should, it increase the speed and wireless signal throughout my 2500sqft house. I'm especially please this purchase and would recommend this router to anyone looking for an affordable dual-band solution.

    Pros:
    + USB printer server and USB storage server
    + Live parental controls
    + Detachable antennas
    + Support my iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, and iPad Mini =)

    Cons:
    - A little too wide as it sits flat

    BalasHapus