Minggu, 22 Juli 2012

Wonderful Value for Money

Why You Ned to Buy Netgear NeoTV Streaming Player NTV300SL

Netgear NeoTV Streaming Player NTV300SL

I don't have any previous experience with NeoTVs and I don't have a Roku etc. I have a Lenovo T420, Netflix and a decent internet connection; I also have multiple android devices than are DLNA servers.

I wanted to be able to use my laptop on my 720p TV from bed without a cable and not have a whole other computer (or Wii) connected to the TV just to watch some Netflix.

Purchasing:
The device shipped when it said it would, arrived with all the contents and I was pleasantly surprised with how small the device was.

Setup:
I plugged it in with the A/V cables as I forgot my 'spare' HDMI cable recently found a use. Plugged in the power and pulled the small tab out the remote; a few clicks later through a pretty easy setup and I was watching an episode on Netflix. For the WiDi (Intel Wireless Display) I had to setup the Widi drivers on my T420 and once that was done (no reboot necessary) I was able to connect. The keyboard on the remote works well and I used it for entering passwords for Netflix and my wireless router.

Use:
The quality is iffy but I'm not on HDMI, I can only imagine it improving. The quality of Netflix is great despite using A/V and the remote is great in for quick searches. The menus are a bit laggy, about 1-2 seconds to go 'home' and about 1/2-1s lag on the remote worst case but my cable box is awful in terms of lag so I find it very bearable :-). I also buy video content on the Play store which is available on Youtube so that is a pretty nice bonus. I haven't tried the DLNA client or the USB/MicroSD functionality so I can't speak to the quality of those functions.

Overall:
The menu could be more responsive and I know some laptops will give issues connecting but that wasn't my experience. I don't use the full breadth of services so as I expand it's nice to know the device does huluplus etc. The value in terms of services it covers, the small size at 70USD is great.

Biggest plus: Number of features crammed into a small box for $70.
Biggest minus: Lag.

Get your Netgear NeoTV Streaming Player NTV300SL Now!

9 komentar:

  1. I don't have any previous experience with NeoTVs and I don't have a Roku etc. I have a Lenovo T420, Netflix and a decent internet connection; I also have multiple android devices than are DLNA servers.

    I wanted to be able to use my laptop on my 720p TV from bed without a cable and not have a whole other computer (or Wii) connected to the TV just to watch some Netflix.

    Purchasing:
    The device shipped when it said it would, arrived with all the contents and I was pleasantly surprised with how small the device was.

    Setup:
    I plugged it in with the A/V cables as I forgot my 'spare' HDMI cable recently found a use. Plugged in the power and pulled the small tab out the remote; a few clicks later through a pretty easy setup and I was watching an episode on Netflix. For the WiDi (Intel Wireless Display) I had to setup the Widi drivers on my T420 and once that was done (no reboot necessary) I was able to connect. The keyboard on the remote works well and I used it for entering passwords for Netflix and my wireless router.

    Use:
    The quality is iffy but I'm not on HDMI, I can only imagine it improving. The quality of Netflix is great despite using A/V and the remote is great in for quick searches. The menus are a bit laggy, about 1-2 seconds to go 'home' and about 1/2-1s lag on the remote worst case but my cable box is awful in terms of lag so I find it very bearable :-). I also buy video content on the Play store which is available on Youtube so that is a pretty nice bonus. I haven't tried the DLNA client or the USB/MicroSD functionality so I can't speak to the quality of those functions.

    Overall:
    The menu could be more responsive and I know some laptops will give issues connecting but that wasn't my experience. I don't use the full breadth of services so as I expand it's nice to know the device does huluplus etc. The value in terms of services it covers, the small size at 70USD is great.

    Biggest plus: Number of features crammed into a small box for $70.
    Biggest minus: Lag.

    BalasHapus
  2. 1) It comes with good selections of easy access rental movies for our kids.
    2) The unit interface is simple and easy to use. Our 6 year old can quickly choose the Ice age 4 which he likes to from one of the movie channel.
    3) The video quality is very good.
    4) We can use it browse all the pictures, videos (mov, mts files, 720, 1080 format) from our the cell phones, sdcard card, camcorder without much issue.
    5) UPNP and DLNA links with my PC windows media server setup works well.
    6) Sometime, selecting different service is a bit slow but we can live with it.

    BalasHapus
  3. We received the NeoTV 2 Max free from Netgear. It is light weight, easy to set-up and takes very little space. It interacts with TV the way it should and the HD quality is excellent. The remote is user friendly, light weight with large keys. The downside is that it takes about a minute to connect to the internet. The main advantage is that it frees up the computer for other activities while we are streaming videos. It has really simplified the act of watching media from the internet on our TV.

    BalasHapus
  4. The setup was extreamly easy to do. I had it running in a matter of a few minutes. The navigation menu is very nice and easy to follow. The remote is simple and easy to use. Highly recommended product.

    BalasHapus
  5. This little box exceeded my expectation.
    Installation was fast and easy. I did not run any single problem. The box is up and running connected to our Wifi router at no time.
    The UI is really simple. I like the way they put all the icons in a single page so I can look at the selections right away. I remove some of the the channels we don't like to make it even cleaner. Netflix channel works well and I like the Queue. It's easy to line them up and select them later. Hulu Plus also works without any problem.

    Here are some functions those I like and at this moment none of similar boxes have:
    - 3D support for Vudu. I signed up for Vudu service and got a free movie credit.
    I tested "Disney - Brave 3D" and it works great with my LG 3D TV.
    - WiDi functionality - this wireless display function alone has already pay off for the unit price. I tested with Dell XPS 13 Windows 7 without a problem.
    - CEC (Consumer Electronic Control). When I turn this function On, I can control my TV through the NeoTV remote. It works well with LG Simplink function.
    - Remote control with QWERTY keyboard. It's a very convenient way to type in the search for Netflix, Hulu, Vudu and others.

    BalasHapus
  6. I upgraded from the 200 so I could use my slate tablet with my TV display by way of WiDi. This unit does everything the old one did and more. The remote is easy to use and I like that they kept the same interface. Only Netflix is different. You can't choose movies from the unit, only what is already in your que.

    BalasHapus
  7. So easy to install, and we love it. Watch it all the time and was so easy to attach to the surround sound. We totally recommend the product.

    BalasHapus
  8. Love this product. It lets me watch netflix and other things I can stream online like Youtube. Shipping was fast. What makes this awesome is the actual controller. On the back it has a keyboard so you can search and type things so much faster.

    BalasHapus